Isnin, 4 Julai 2011

Comments for Wee Choo Keong

Comments for Wee Choo Keong


Comment on Question on En Reezal Merican has been rejected for Questions Time! by weechookeong

Posted: 04 Jul 2011 07:51 AM PDT

Sdr Zahari

I leave it to you to judge from my speech. Thank you

regards

wee choo keong

Comment on Question on En Reezal Merican has been rejected for Questions Time! by zahari

Posted: 04 Jul 2011 07:46 AM PDT

YB, is this refer to ketua penerangan pemuda umno Datuk Seri Reezal Merican Naina Merican or who else.

Comment on Complaints for DBKL by Yaacob

Posted: 04 Jul 2011 02:16 AM PDT

Penduduk-penduduk Taman Setapak.

Merujuk kepada permohonan laluan Bas Rapid KL di Taman dan Ibu Kota.

Hari ini pihak kami dimaklumkan oleh Jabatan Perancang Rapid KL bahawa maklum balas mengenai permohonan laluan bas di Taman Setapak dan Taman Ibu Kota akan di perolehi dalam minggu ini. Dimaklum juga bahawa pihak Rapid KL sedang meneliti permohonan dan akan membuat keputusan diatas permohonan tersebut.

Saya berharap penduduk-penduduk di kawasan Taman Setapak dan Ibu Kota dapat bersabar sedikit dan pihak kami akan sentiasa cuba mendapatkan jawapan dari pihak Rapid KL serta akan memaklumkan sebarang keputusan yang kami terima kepada penduduk-penduduk sekitar.

Sukacita dimaklumkan bahawa pihak kami sentiasa perihatin permintaan penduduk-penduduk di kawasan dan masalah yang ditimbulkan di dalam blog atau melalui talipon.

Terima kasih.

Yaacob Abd Hamid
Pembantu kepada
YB Wee Choo Keong

Comment on Complaints for DBKL by Yaacob

Posted: 04 Jul 2011 12:04 AM PDT

Ms MadelChing

Pihak JKA DBKL memaklumkan kepada kami bahawa kerja-kerja memasang papan tanda “hentian Bas” dan “Road Marking” telah pun siap dilakukan pada hari Jumaat minggu lepas.

Pihak kami amat berharap perubahan tersebut sedikit sebanyak akan memudahkan Sdri dan lain-lain penduduk untuk mendapatkan perkhidmatan bas awam. Pihak kami juga telah menulis surat kepada DBKL bagi mengesahkan perkara tersebut.

Sebagaimana Yang Berhormat jelaskan pihak kami amat berharap supaya Sdri boleh menghubungi saya untuk mendapatkan maklumat berhubung insiden tersebut bagi memudahkan kami melapurkan perkara tersebut ke pihak yang bertanggungjawab. Saya boleh dihubungi di no. 0122186929

Yaacob Abd Hamid
Pembantu kepada
YB Wee Choo Keong

Comment on The Stop Work Order for KP Property Sdn Bhd by Diamond Square Resident

Posted: 03 Jul 2011 10:40 PM PDT

Thank you YB.

I am a resident around the area in Diamond Square Wangsa Maju.

I am aware that many complaints have been lodged with DBKL Call Centre about KP Property but the DBKL officers “tidak peduli” at all. We knew why no actions taken. I still remember YB has once said that DBKL officer are “contractors friendly”. They just don’t care about the people.

Thank you for speaking up for us in Parliament and hopefully this will wake up the officers especially the “Sleeping Squad”!

Comment on Complaints for DBKL by weechookeong

Posted: 03 Jul 2011 10:02 PM PDT

Ms Madel Ching

Thank you for your comments.

There is nothing wrong for you to highlight the bus registration number and/or to lodge a formal complaint with the bus company. In fact you should lodge a formal complaint with the bus company immediately.

Please telephone my Personal Assistant, En Yakob at 012218929. We need more information on the matter so that we can follow up with your complaints with the bus company. Such behaviour of the driver must be stopped at all costs.

Thank you.

Regards

wee choo keong

Comment on Complaints for DBKL by MadelChing

Posted: 03 Jul 2011 06:18 AM PDT

Dear YB Wee Choo Keong,

Very sorry to trouble you again. I was told to get down in front of a church when I pressed the bell right after Courts. I boarded a Rapidbus U20 and when it passed the place, it was 8.10pm today. I have the registration number of the driver with me. However, I am not disclosing the registration number. I did nothing to provoke the driver. Perhaps, I provoke a few rapidbus driver by highlighting the removal of bus stop incident.

YB, please tell me if he does the same thing again, do I have the right to disclose his registration number.

Another instance was that I boarded a Rapidbus and I don’t remember the number. I had to press the bell 3 times and when the light turned red, the bus finally stopped just before Petronas (which is even nearer for me). I do not know whether the driver was doing me a favour by stopping at Petronas or because the light turned red, I went to the front, he had to open the door for me.

I faced no other problems with other Rapidbus drivers except for these incidents. Whenever I board a Rapid bus, I have to ask myself whether the driver is going to stop for me at the bus stop.

By the way, I noticed that DBKL & JKA had finally marked the road with ‘BAS SAHAJA’.

Thank you.

Comment on Teks Ucap Perbahasan Anggaran Perbelanjaan Mengurus Tambahan 2011 by iban perez

Posted: 02 Jul 2011 10:43 AM PDT

Orang dbkl sendiri kata tempat ia lubok ikan bg ramai kakitangannya yg mencuri ayam.rata2 stafnya nt BN.

Tiada ulasan:

Nuffnang