念群与沙登人民同在 | Nie Ching for Serdang

Posted by Awanama | Posted on 9:21 PTG

念群与沙登人民同在 | Nie Ching for Serdang

Welcoming my Little Princess to this World.

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 11:17 PM PDT

First of all, I would like to announce to the world that my little princess was born on 1st of August!

My contractions started during the early hours of Tuesday, ie 31st of July. However the pain was not regular and still bearable. Since it was still a week away from my expected delivery date, I decided to continue working as usual until 10:30pm. None of my assistants was aware that I was carrying on with some pain. They only got to know about this after I delivered and they were stunned speechless.

My contractions started to become frequent and severe around 2am on Wednesday morning. My caring husband was encouraging me by my side, but just like what stated in the book, expectant mothers would get extremely irritable and bystanders can do nothing to ease her pain.

We started driving to Serdang hospital around 6.30am. A houseman (trainee doctor) examined me and told me that my cervix had dilated 2cm so there was still a lot of time hence I should spend time walking a bit or chat with my husband. However, the pain really deterred me from moving an inch. I could only moan helplessly on the bed. I asked the trainee doctor for an epidural and he told me that he needed approval from his boss, ie a doctor. But according to a nurse, the doctor could only come over after 9am as she was tending to an emergency case. But the nurse was unable to state clearly exactly what time after 9am. Honestly speaking, if I had a phone with me then, I would most probably call my husband and asked him to send me to a private hospital instead.

When the trainee doctor examined me again at 10am, my cervix has dilated to 5cm. At this stage the nurses sent me to the delivery room and since it was a single room, my husband was allowed in to accompany me.

The doctor finally turned up at 11am and I raised my request for epidural again. Unfortunately she checked and found that my cervix has opened 7cm and it was too late for an epidural. The doctor tried to feed me laughing gas instead but it has side effect on me. I vomited after taking it for 2 minutes.

The doctor anticipated that I would reach the final delivery stage at 2pm but I felt that my baby was pushing to come out at 12 noon. With the assistance of the trainee doctor, my dear baby came out smoothly in a short moment. The speed of my child's birth surprised everybody. I guess this was due to me walking about frequently during my pregnancy.

Apart from the high unbearable pain, I must say that the doctors and nurses of Serdang Hospital were all very friendly and polite. A nurse asked me curiously that how come I kept thanking them every time they perform a check on me. I thought saying thanks is a very natural gesture but she told me that very few patients would actually thank them.

It has been more than 2 weeks after giving birth to my dear baby girl and her life consists of sleeping and drinking milk while my life consists of sleeping and acting as a milk bottle. People say life as a MP is not easy but I say life as a good mother is more difficult!


Comments posted (0)