Nuffnang

Lim Lip Eng

Posted by Awanama | Posted on 3:15 PG

Lim Lip Eng


DBKL attends to complaints on Automatic Street Toilets

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 05:59 PM PDT

Out of use: A file picture of the toilet in Pudu Sentral station closed for maintenance work.
Source: http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2012/3/20/central/10945976&sec=central (20/3/2012)
Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) said many of the damage to the Automatic Street Toilets (AST) were caused by vandalism and misuse. There are 15 that DBKL are operating at one time. DBKL is working with the suppliers to resolve problems related to the use of the new coins and improving the coin box system. At present the janitors will assist the public with the coin usage.
According to a statement by DBKL, the AST Lot 10 was closed and fenced up since October 2011 until February 2012 for monorail upgrading works by Syarikat Prasarana Nasional Bhd. The fence has been removed but some of the toilets are damaged. DBKL is fixing the problems and work will be finished in two weeks time.
For the AST McDonald's Bukit Bintang, in February alone, the door and coin box have been damaged four times. The damage have been repaired since Feb 16. Based on their records, only one cubicle was faulty at one time while the rest were operating as normal.
Meanwhile, the AST Pudu Sentral/Puduraya had a damaged door and was closed in February. The door was repaired by the contractor on March 2. As for the AST Jalan Conlay, a vandalised door caused one of the cubicles to be closed for a week. It was repaired on Feb 16.
This statement came in response to the StarMetro article published on March 6, where the ASTs were said to be breaking down due to vandalism and bad management.
The toilets made their first appearance along Bintang Walk, Kuala Lumpur, in 2006, costing RM400,000 each. According to stakeholders living and working in the Bukit Bintang district, the toilets in front of the McDonald's and Lot 10 have not been functioning or are constantly under maintenance. The same situation was reported regarding the public toilets in Pudu Sentral, Chulan Square behind Pavilion and Hang Tuah Monorail station.

Legal aid for criminal cases except involving death sentence

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 05:56 PM PDT

Source: http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/newsindex.php?id=653278
KUALA LUMPUR (March 19, 2012): Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak said the National Legal Aid Foundation (NLAF) will provide legal aid for all types of crimes except those which warrant the death penalty.
He said this is because the court provides legal services to the accused by an assigned council for such cases.
"Legal aid and counseling on criminal matters will be given to Malaysians who need it during arrest, remand/detainment and application for bail without income limit. "However, a capability test will be conducted to determine the recipient's eligibility for the hearing and appeal in court," he said in a written reply to Lim Lip Eng (DAP-Segambut) in Parliament today.
Najib said NLAF services will be given to Malaysian citizens who meet the requirements after undergoing the capability test. Those with an annual income of not more than RM25,000 will be given free legal aid, while those earning more than RM25,000 a year but less than RM36,000 will be imposed a RM300 fee.
The foundation was corporatised on Jan 25 last year as a charitable company under the Companies Act (Act 125) and is expected to begin operations by month-end.
Najib said when a citizen is arrested for a criminal offence, the enforcement agency will contact the State Legal Aid Centre under the Bar Council, Sabah Law Association and the Advocates' Association of Sarawak to obtain legal services registered with the foundation.
NLAF lawyers will be paid according to the service they render based on a payment scale set by the foundation. The payment scale can be obtained from NLAF's website www.ybgk.org.my. – Bernama
Related news: Means test for legal aid service http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/means-test-for-legal-aid-service-1.63177

Cop: Duo who let drunk driver get away not policemen

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 05:54 PM PDT

Source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/3/20/nation/10947611&sec=nation (20/3/2012)
The two men accused of allowing an alleged drunk driver to flee the scene are not from the police force. One was an auxiliary policeman and the other was his friend, said Ampang OCPD Asst Comm Amiruddin Jamaluddin. He said they stopped to help when they saw the accident, but left the place after a few minutes.
During the 3.10am incident on Friday, motorist Cheah Kok Hong, 29, asked compensation from another motorist, who he claimed was drunk, after their cars collided.
It was claimed that the auxiliary policeman had a "little talk" with the driver and asked him to leave the scene. ACP Amiruddin said Cheah then called up three friends.
"When a patrol car arrived, the victim and his friends showed their dissatisfaction by humiliating my men and hitting the patrol car," he told reporters yesterday.
Two of Cheah's friends were arrested when they punched the policemen, added ACP Amiruddin. The two, aged 26 and 23, are being remanded for further questioning. The case is being investigated under Section 186 of the Penal Code for obstructing policemen from carrying out their duties.
At a press conference on Sunday, Cheah had alleged that the other driver had punched him in the face. Also present was Segambut MP Lim Lip Eng.
Cheah said his friends denied obstructing the police from carrying out their duties and attacking the police officer.
Lim called on the police to investigate the driver of the other car and check out the damage on the car to verify the police report made by Cheah.

Comments posted (0)

YB BN

YB PAS

YB PKR

YB DAP