Isnin, 12 September 2011

念群与沙登人民同在 | Nie Ching for Serdang

念群与沙登人民同在 | Nie Ching for Serdang


Happy relationship, distance regardless..

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 09:59 AM PDT

English translation of my column article which originally published in China Press on Sept 13.

2008, when I reached 28 years old, was a magical and unbelievable year. I entered the realm of politics by chance, and the epic and historical political tsunami channeled popular support and carried the cannon fodder in me into the august house. On the other hand, faith brought my better half to me.

I have always treated the matter of my own relationship with aplomb. If I can find my better half who understands and loves me, that would be great but if I am destined to be alone, I am fine with that too and believe I would lead a fulsome life as well. After all, I am surrounded by people who love and care for me. I have no complaints whatsoever.

However, when I was 27 years old and thought cubic would overlook me, I met him again.

We first met each other in 1994 when we shared a class form during our form 2 year. The 5 years as school mate did not make us close friend. My only chance to interact with him came during the annual inter-class debate competition. I was the star debater for the school team and he was the super-sub. After graduation, we only met up during reunions during Chinese new year and hardly contacted each other.
(More......)

[The Star] MP ties the knot with ex-schoolmate

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 09:55 AM PDT

PETALING JAYA: Serdang MP Teo Nie Ching has tied the knot with former schoolmate Gan Siew Chien, 30, a doctor.

The DAP MP held a garden-styled reception for 200 friends and relatives in her hometown of Muar yesterday, which was also attended by party adviser Lim Kit Siang and Petaling Jaya Utara MP Tony Pua.

Happy couple: Teo with her husband Gan on their wedding day in Muar.

Teo, 30, said she felt “blissful” that she had found someone willing to grow old with her.

“I had a wonderful wedding reception. Relatives and friends who came even prepared some performances for me,” she said.

Earlier, Teo had provided updates on her Twitter account about her big day and even posted a pre-wedding picture of herself with her groom.

Writing that she had woken up at 4am in anticipation of the wedding, she said: “Actually, I hardly slept the whole night. Finally ... is TODAY!”

Congratulatory messages from Teo's friends and supporters flooded her Twitter page. Teo, who holds a law degree, was elected to Parliament in 2008.

Source: The Star

(More......)

[Sept 12] These moments..

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 09:51 AM PDT

【念念有辞】展开人生新一页

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 09:17 AM PDT

Article published on the Website of Chinese newspaper Chinapress.com.my

2008,那一年,我27岁,梦幻的一年。一个偶然让我踏上政途,一场政治海啸让预定当炮灰的我奇迹般地获得人民的委托,将我送入国会的殿堂。另一方面,命运之神也将我得另一半带到我的身边。

对待感情,我都带着随缘的态度。能找到相知相爱的另一半固然好,可是就算这辈子孑然一身,我也要活得精彩。毕竟我身边已经围绕着许许多多爱护我、关心我的亲人好友,我没什么好埋怨不知足的。

可是,就在那一年,当27岁却依然单身的我以为自己大概永远也不会得到丘比特的眷顾时,我和他重逢了。

我们相识于1994年,初二开始同班。5年的同窗岁月并没有让我们成为特别熟络的好友。我和他最大的交集就是一年一度的班级辩论比赛。我是校内的超级结辩,而他,则是队上的超级候补。毕业以后,大家最多也是在每年农历新年的班聚上碰面,并无再多联系。

(More......)

Tiada ulasan:

Nuffnang