Posted by Admin Direktori Blog | Posted on 3:37 PG
- Do not equate RM2.1 billion contracts awarded by Petronas with 20% oil and gas royalty
- ‘Treat Sarawak equally to address secession notions’
Posted: 11 Apr 2015 06:05 PM PDT
Adenan seems to be contented with the so-called intended awards of RM2.1 billion worth of contracts by PETRONAS to Sarawak contractors, thereby diverting the attention of the people from the initial demand for 20% oil and gas royalty for Sarawak.
Last year, in the Sarawak DUN sitting, the State Legislature unanimously passed the resolution to demand for 20% oil and gas royalty for Sarawak.
Till this day, almost a year has passed and yet it seems that the demand has hit brick-wall.
Despite the failure on the part of Sarawak government under the leadership of Adenan to execute the resolution of the Sarawak DUN, Adenan seems to be happy and contented with the award of contracts worth RM2.1 billion to Sarawak contractors.
The 20% oil and gas royalty is a far cry from the RM2.1 billion worth of contracts awarded in many ways, namely:
1. According to the 2015 Sarawak State Budget's estimates, the 5% oil and gas royalty will give Sarawak a revenue of RM1.83 billion. Therefore, 20% oil and gas royalty will give Sarawak an additional RM5.49 billion. This is 2.5 times the RM2.1 billion mentioned.
2. "Contracts worth RM2.1 billion to Sarawak contractors" means that Sarawak contractors have to come out with RM2.1 billion worth of material and work to earn that RM2.1 billion. This is totally different from the outright RM5.49 billion cash payment as oil and gas royalty.
3. Out of the RM2.1 billion worth of contract, I am sure a very substantial portion will be paid to import materials from suppliers who are not Sarawakians or to engage consultants who are not Sarawakian. Therefore, not the whole of the RM2.1 billion will be circulating in the Sarawak economy.
4. The contracts worth RM2.1 billion will benefits the local contractors who are awarded with the contracts. Its impact on the general public in Sarawak is limited. On the other hand, the RM5.49 billion royalty payment can be used by the Government to benefit all Sarawakian, especially the poor.
5. Even if all the contracts worth RM2.1 billion were to be awarded this year, they will definitely take more than a year to complete all. Therefore, it will not be RM2.1 billion worth of contract a year. The amount will be spread over a few years. On the other hand, if the 20% oil and gas royalty were to be given to Sarawak, it would mean an additional RM5.49 billion a year.
Given the above 5 points, Adenan should not try to use the RM2.1 billion worth of contracts to cover-up his failure to obtain 20% oil and gas royalty from PUTRAJAYA. Such failure to obtain the 20% oil and gas royalty from PUTRAJAYA shows the disrespect on the part of the Federal Government towards Sarawak's rights.
It further proves that Sarawak BN is just an insignificant appendage to the Federal BN and that Sarawak BN cannot make any important decision without the nod from the Federal BN.
In the coming DUN sitting, I will suggest some ways whereby the Sarawak Government can compel the Federal Government to give in to the demand of 20% oil and gas royalty, PROVIDED THAT the Sarawak Government must have the political will and resolve that it is not a subordinate or a colony to the Federal Government.
Chong Chieng Jen
DAP Sarawak Chairman
MP for Bandar Kuching
ADUN for Kota Sentosa
Posted: 11 Apr 2015 06:03 PM PDT
1. 根据砂州政府2015年的财政预算案，砂州政府将从5%的开采税获得约18.3亿令吉的收入。若开采税增至20%，州政府将得到额外的54.9亿令吉。 这是21亿令吉的2.5倍。
2. 价值21亿令吉的工程意味着砂州承包商必须付出价值21亿令吉的物质和工作，才可赚取这21亿令吉工程合约的钱。 相比之下，20%开采税的额外54.9亿令吉，是直接的付款予州政府，砂州承包商或公司，甚至砂州政府什么都不需做，就可收到这笔54.9亿令吉的钱了。
3. 至于这价值21亿令吉的工程，我相信，有一大部分将用在进口机器或工程原料及聘雇外籍专才。 因此，这21亿令吉将不会全部留在砂州的经济体之内。
4. 无可否认，价值21亿令吉的工程将惠及一些砂州承包商，但它对全民的效应仍是有限。 相比额外54.9亿令吉的开采税，这54.9亿令吉是政府直接的收入，可用在各个领域的拨款，用以惠及全民，尤其是中下阶级的人民。
5. 这价值21亿令吉的工程，肯定不是每年的，因为就算全部价值21亿令吉的工程可在1年的时间之内批完，也不可能全部都能在1年的时间之内完成。 因此，这价值21亿令吉的工程，等到承包商们真正收足这21亿令吉的钱，最快也要2 – 3年的时间。 相比54.9亿令吉额外开采税的税收，却是每一年的政府收入。
有鉴于以上5个大不同，张健仁敦促阿迪南，不要一直以"价值21亿令吉工程"自我陶醉，来掩饰20%开采税诉求的失败。 更何况，这20%开采税的诉求，是砂州议会一致的议决案，是立法机关给予行政机构（砂州内阁）的任务。 阿迪南的内阁无法履行这项任务，是行政机构的失责。
Posted: 10 Apr 2015 06:18 PM PDT
Posted: 10 Apr 2015 06:06 PM PDT
Sarawak DAP says the only way to reduce secession calls in Sabah and Sarawak is to address inequality between East and West Malaysia.
Amending the Sedition Act and criminalising Sarawakians and Sabahans who call for referendum on secession is plain regrettable, says Sarawak DAP chief Chong Chieng Jen.
Using the Act to suppress the secession movement, he adds, is the wrong way to do it, "because for every action, there is a reaction, and for every suppression, there is a counter action".
"In order words they will fight back," says the Bandar Kuching MP, who spoke up during the debate on Sedition Act amendments in Parliament.
Chong told reporters today that while he might not support the movement for secession, he would defend their right to demand for a referendum.
For the past three years, the calls for secession have become louder in both Sabah and Sarawak, so much so that the Federal Government has to introduce the amendment to the Sedition Act to criminalise any call for secession.
The Sedition (Amendment) Bill 2015 was passed by Parliament at 2.30am on Friday.
Chong said the federal government must also address the violation of the spirit of the Malaysia Agreement, which protects the rights of Sarawak and Sabah.
The Agreement was to bring development in Sabah and Sarawak on par with development in Malaya, but the two states had been mistreated and neglected, he alleged.
Chong cited a list of violation of the rights of Sarawak by the federal. They include the hudud issue, sending of 4,000 teachers to rural Sabah and Sarawak to carry out an Islamisation agenda, and the refusal to respect the request by the state for the gas and oil royalty increase.
Sarawak, he said, was very concerned over the Islamisation agenda as Malaysia was formed not to be an Islamic state.
"These are the causes of strong sentiments for the people Sabah and Sarawak to call for secession.
"The right thing for the government to do is to address the inequality of treatment and respect the rights of the people of Sabah and Sarawak.
"In this way, the government will reduce the sentiments to call for secession," he stressed.
on MalaysiaKini(Apr 11, 2015)
|You are subscribed to email updates from Chong Chieng Jen 張健仁 |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States|