Ahad, 3 April 2011

Nurul Izzah Anwar

Nurul Izzah Anwar


Nurul Izzah sings and plays the guitar at festival

Posted: 03 Apr 2011 12:08 AM PDT

GEORGE TOWN: Lembah Pantai MP Nurul Izzah Anwar has a hidden talent she plays the guitar.

She even sang two songs at the Rock 4 Rights music marathon at Fort Cornwallis here yesterday.

The PKR vice-president sang Fake Plastic Tree while playing the guitar and then sang another song called Trees, accompanied by local artiste Jes Ebrahim on the guitar.

Showing a different side: Nurul Izzah and Jes performing during the Rock 4 Rights music festival in George Town, Penang yesterday. — MUHAMAD SHAHRIL ROSLI / The Star

Nurul Izzah, 30, said she started playing the guitar when her father Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim bought her the instrument for doing well in SPM.

"I wanted to learn to play the guitar ever since I was young but my father rarely bought me gifts," she said, adding that "he bought me a guitar when I passed my SPM with flying colours."

Yesterday’s 12-hour event was organised by the Bar Council in partnership with non-govern-mental organisations Frinjan and Saya Anak Bangsa Malaysia.

It carried the message of the importance of elections and democracy to youngsters aged 18 to 35.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/4/3/nation/8406391&sec=nation

Tiada ulasan:

Nuffnang